Co-op Education Awards
Co-op Student Awards
Co-operative Education Student Achievement Award
Awarded to an outstanding co-op student who has made contributions to co-op education and has demonstrated the following criteria:
- Has been an ambassador for co-op education and has made significant contributions to co-op.
- Demonstrated leadership to other co-op students and has taken on additional initiatives within their community (StFX, workplace, and local communities).
- Displayed exceptional personal and professional attitude throughout the co-op program, in their academics, and community.
Students eligible for nomination must have successfully completed all co-op requirements including COOP 405/COOPO 530, currently be enrolled in the StFX Co-op Education Program, and be in their graduating year.
Employer’s Choice Award for Excellence in Co-operative Education
This award is given to a student with the best nomination submitted by a direct reporting supervisor from a co-op employer. Students nominated for this award must demonstrate exceptional work ethic, leadership, personal accountability, integrity, and professionalism on the job. The student must have received excellent employer evaluations and has gone above and beyond the required duties of the position should be nominated for their performance. Students eligible for nomination must have successfully completed all co-op program requirements (PDS, Work terms, and COOP 405/530) and be in their graduating year.
Co-op Employer Awards
Student’s Choice: Outstanding Co-op Supervisor Award
This award is designed to allow co-op students an opportunity to recognize a supervisor who was an exceptional mentor and went above and beyond normal expectations to ensure that the student had a quality co-op work term. This award is given based on several different criteria:
- The quality of the work experience.
- The degree to which the supervisor acted as a mentor.
- The supervisor’s commitment to enhancing the student's knowledge and development through professional development or other training opportunities.
- The supervisor’s ability to empowers the co-op student(s) to grow professionally as a result of the work experience
Co-op Education Employer Engagement Award
Recognizes companies who have provided exceptional co-op work term experiences to our co-op students. Nomination Criteria (nominated by the StFX Co-op Program):
- The company has provided work terms that add to students’ learning experience on the job and back in class
- The company has overall provided high-caliber and relevant work term experience that exceeds students’ initial expectations
- The company has shown continued commitment to supporting Co-op programs and Co-op students – a true partner of Co-op through professional development, mentorship opportunities, and etc.
Nomination Process and Deadlines
Complete the online nomination form by clicking on the award's title. Deadline to nominate is April 1.